* 9th Avenue: A resident reported that someone stole his toll
road transponder in the 31000 block at 4:55 p.m. Between late June
and early October the suspect charged $261 on the victim's account.
The case is still under investigation.
* Broadway: An 11-year-old girl was walking her dog when a
sharpei lunged and growled at them in the 400 block at 9:19 a.m. Her
father reported the incident and claimed that the neighborhood has
had problems with this dog running loose.
* 2nd Avenue and Virginia Way: A resident turned in a lost
terrier with no collar near the intersection at 10:01 a.m. The dog
was taken by an animal control officer to the animal shelter.
* Forest Avenue: A business owner reported that three homeless
people were fighting in a nearby alley and disturbing customers in
the 200 block at 8:11 p.m.
* South Coast Highway: Police received a call that a patron was
hit by a BB bullet in the 1300 block at 6:44 p.m. The victim was
entering the restaurant when someone fired an air gun. No medical
assistance was needed.
* El Bosque and Wilson Street: A resident reported that a leaf
blower was on the loose near the intersection at 12:44 p.m.
* Laguna Canyon Road: Two women got into a fight in the 20000
block at 6:46 p.m. One woman attended a meeting with her boyfriend
and ran into his ex-girlfriend. Each woman made a citizen's arrest
* Thalia Street: A Laguna resident found his place trashed and
items missing in the 300 block at 7:41 p.m. He suspected that his
ex-girlfriend had retaliated after running into him and his new
girlfriend. The case is under investigation.
* Viejo Street and Hillcrest Drive: A resident reported that a
man was driving around and pointing a flashlight into driveways at
* Laguna Canyon Road and Phillips Street: A hiker walking on the
fire road to the water tower sign reported a dead deer at 12:13 p.m.
The deer had been shot and decapitated, and its legs were bound.
* The Police Log is compiled and written by Mary A. Castillo.