owner of a car he was trying to remove was getting hostile in the 200
block at 11:11 p.m.
* South Coast Highway/Cress Street: Police responded to a
possible suicide call near the intersection at 12:21 a.m. They found
the woman on the beach and transported her to South Coast Medical
Center for a 72-hour hold.
* South Coast Highway/Lagunita Lane: An officer spotted a man
chasing a woman down the street near the intersection at 3:15 a.m.
The officer called a taxi for the woman and sent her home to Costa
* Laguna Canyon Road/Canyon Acres Drive: A driver reported that a
black truck ran a red light and struck another car near the
intersection at 7 a.m. Officers arrested the 21-year-old Laguna
driver on suspicion of driving under the influence and for possession
* Sleepy Hollow Lane: Firefighters and lifeguards responded to a
near-drowning victim in the 600 block at 9:50 a.m. The victim was
transported to Mission Hospital Regional Center via Mercy Air.
* Cliff Drive: A resident reported that her Toyota 4-Runner had
been keyed in the 100 block at 5 p.m.
* Main Beach: Beachgoers called police when they saw a man
drinking beer and trying to get into the water at 5:19 p.m.
Lifeguards contacted the man and asked him not to go in.
* South Coast Highway/7th Avenue: A resident called in a reckless
driver near the intersection at 7:39 p.m. When the driver pulled
over, the caller boxed her in until police arrived. A 39-year-old San
Clemente woman was at first arrested on suspicion of driving under
the influence. After she was searched, she was rearrested for
possession of a controlled substance.
* South Coast Highway: A manager called police when he noticed
someone was watching movies in a room that was supposed to be vacant
in the 600 block at 2:14 a.m. Police arrested a Dana Point resident
on suspicion for lodging without permission from the owner.
* Viejo Street: A resident reported that a neighbor falsely
accused him of letting air out of his tires in the 200 block at 8:53
* Baja Street: A resident reported that the neighbor's dog was
getting electrocuted by its shock collar in the 1000 block at 3:19