parked vehicle was hit by some of the rocks, which measured 2 feet in
* Brooks Street: A woman called police when her fireplace was
smoking up the house in the 500 block at 5:16 p.m. She was unable to
put the fire out and had small children in the house. Firefighters
came to her aid.
* Oak Street: A laundry room was reported flooded in the 500
block at 7:52 a.m.
* South Coast Highway/Montage Resort Drive: A resident reported
hearing a car crash in the area at 2:07 a.m. Officers pulled over a
driver who claimed that the dent on the right front side of his car
was from another accident. After conducting a field sobriety test,
officers arrested the 27-year-old Laguna Beach resident for driving
under the influence and held his vehicle for a hit-and-run
* Duarte Way: A resident reported that the backyard pool was
overflowing with water in the 2000 block at 5:49 a.m. City workers
determined that a city water line broke.
* South Coast Highway: A hit-and-run was reported in the 500
block at 1:02 p.m. A parked vehicle was hit by a maroon colored car
with no license plate. The collision caused damage to the left side
* Laguna Canyon Road: A driver was transported to South Coast
Medical Center after getting into a traffic collision in the 20000
block at 3:19 p.m.
* Police Station: An elderly woman came to the station with her
seeing-eye dog after she missed the last bus at 10:21 p.m. An officer
gave her a ride home.
* North Coast Highway: A driver hit a parked car in the 700 block
at 12:20 a.m. The driver tried to run from police but was arrested on
suspicion of driving under the influence.
* The Police Log is compiled and written by Mary A. Castillo from
oral and written reports from the Laguna Beach Police Department and
other sources. Not all police activity is included. Arrests indicate
suspicion of violations, not charges filed nor the results of court
action unless noted.